I’m very excited! As I continue my focus on fitness, I’ve fallen more and more in love with cooking and coming up with new recipes to nourish my body. I’ve decided to take nutrition seriously in order to tackle some health problems (separate blog post coming soon). On that note, I will share some of my favorite healthy recipes as time goes on!
Tonight I had a craving for breakfast for dinner, so I whipped up some chocolate strawberry pancakes! It was so decadent and delicious! I use Bob’s Red Mill pancake mix, which is both gluten and dairy free, yet still comes out light and fluffy. Amazing, right? If you haven’t tried Bob’s Red Mill products, DO IT! They have a plethora of gluten-free flours and mixes for all types of recipes. I can usually find it at Publix, Whole Foods, and Lucky’s Market!
Whenever I make pancakes or baked goods, I replace the oil with a banana. Bananas are a fantastic alternative for oil by providing the same consistency, but with less fat and a subtle taste of banana-goodness! Try it in brownies- it’s seriously amazing!
1 cup soy or coconut milk
Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- Preheat a skillet on medium-low heat and spray the pan with Pam or a little coconut oil
- Mash the banana with a fork until it’s like a puree, then mix in the pancake mix, eggs, and soy/coconut milk
- Pour 1/4-1/2 cup of the mix into the skillet. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, and gently push them into the batter with a fork (imagine covering the chips with a blanket of pancake- this keeps the chips from burning when it gets flipped over!)
- When bubbles begin to appear on top, flip the pancake and leave until fully cooked through
- Top with sliced strawberries and more chocolate chips, then enjoy!
Sometimes your body deserves something extra delicious, so make this treat of a meal! Pair it with some turkey bacon or eggs, and you’ve got an amazing breakfast (or dinner)!
What’s your favorite breakfast? Want to know some other dairy-free or gluten-free recipes? Let me know in the comments!
Peace and love!